Tuesday, February 19, 2008

SOLD!



I know it's been quiet in the Commune. But I've been carrying on the path to petit-bourgeousisedom and bought a house in East Dulwich. It's been a 7-month ordeal that culminated in lots of hassle and pain in the last two weeks to exchange.

Soon, I will contributing to the East Dulwich Forum, throwing my hands up in annoyance as another 'high street' brand moves in. Although I'd better watch out... they say that the first sign of an area losing its character is when the advertising folk move in. It'll be accountants next.

Everyone's got some horror stories to tell about buying and selling property. The annoying estate agents. The painfully slow way in which solicitors work to a different theory of time to anyone else. The unhelpful banks and mortgage providers.

Don't want to boast, but I reckon I've got all the stories covered.

Foxtons: were evil, then actually started to be quite good (when the sale was going through)
Lloyds TSB: brilliant service and genuinely looked for solutions.
Ealing Council: as inefficient as ever
ICE Save (high interest instant saving account): Very unhelpful and inefficient w*nkers

No comments: